Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BiRTHDAY!

My family is BiG on birthdays and it has always been tradition up here to go out to eat with the whole family for dad's birthday. Saturday, August 1st, my good ol' pops would have been 66 years old. I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since he passed away. SOOOO much has happened since then.
The family keeps growing, so it's getting a little more complicated to go out to eat all the time... Eventhough a few members of the family couldn't make it, we still went out to eat in remembrance of our dad (also grandpa, and father-in-law for others in the family). It's hard to go out to eat and talk about him without everyone getting teary-eyed and sad, so we just eat Mexican food (dad's favorite) and spend time with one another. All of my dad's 4 kids handle his passing differently so we all went out to the cemetery at different times. My sister and I saved it for later in the evening when we could leave the kids at home with their dad, and enjoy eachother's company. Breanna and I went out to see dad, shared a few memories and told a couple of jokes. My dad was ALWAYS telling stories- hmmm wonder where I got that from?- and so we found it fitting to share a few things with each other that we thought were funny/ interesting about dad. All-in-all, the over all experience was peaceful, and humbling.
My testimony of Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation was once again strengthened as I pondered the feelings I felt at his grave. I am so happy that I will be able to see my dad again where he will be pain free, happy and hopefully accepting of the things he has learned. I love him so much, miss him greatly and love the lessons I have learned from some of the good examples he set for me during the short time he was part of my life.
I couldn't help taking pictures while I was there. I find something interesting with grave sites and L.O.V.E. the ancient look of some of the head stones.

Sorry but the pictures weren't uploading with this post, so I added them in separate posts... AND some of them got cropped because they were too big, so feel free to click on them and hopefully you'll get the full effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment