Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TiCKiTY {tock} . . . {TiCKiTY} tock.

I simply couldn't help myself! The last 2 blogs that I told you about made me hungry for crafting! I did it... I drove to D.I. searched Hi and low for the perfect mantle clock to make-over and items to fix-up. While walking through the wooden section I found this adorable decoration!




I had actually seen it a few days ago when I went to D.I. to search for frames for my reception... I really wanted to buy it, but I knew it wasn't a necessity. Well, this time I said to my self, "self, you can justify buying this cute decoration... since it's still here, it must be meant for YOU"...
so I did, and do I regret it? haha. Not {OnE} bit! So, that's that. From there, I continued my search for my clock... I finally stumbled upon this wonderful thing...




However, at the time of purchase, it didn't have that colored circle around the face.... that was just me forgetting to take a before picture... so that's your sneak peak!


ALRiGHTY....

here goes nothin'



So for project numero uno, all I did was protect the center with a plastic grocery bag and painter's tape and went to sprayin' with some brown paint... here's the finished product that will be hanging in my living room once I'm married... I absolutely L.O.V.E. it and it was sooooooo inexspensive! Take a guess how much it was, I dare you!





Project number {tWo} wasn't as easy... but it was so much more fun! I decided since I still have a whole can of turquoise paint left over from the projects that I completed earlier in the month for my wedding, I'm gonna make use of that paint... here's the outcome. I used scrapbooking rub-on letters/numbers for the face. I might be adding some BLiNG onto it, but for right now this is how it will be!



6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You are so crafty and cute seriously these two things are ADORABLE!!! Teach me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. First things first, set up a time with me to go thrift store shopping! you have my number correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute!! I wish I had more time to go thrift store shopping sans children(it's almost therapudic that way) but alas, such is the life of a mommy. I have to say, you are my new favorite person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww thanks! I had so much fun, and I still have one more clock left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness. i'm in LOVE with that clock. so oober cute!

    ReplyDelete